How To Apply
Any composer is eligible to apply regardless of age.
December 1, 2019
(by 11:59pm, Eastern European Time)
Through the online application form, composers should submit a permanent link
to one (preferably Dropbox or Google Drive) folder, which should contain the following:
1. CV and BIO (max 200 words) (.pdf) in English, combined in one file
2. HQ ARTISTIC PHOTO (.jpeg) to be used in case of acceptance
3. TWO RECENT WORKS [scores (.pdf) and recordings (.mp3)]
In the application form, the applicant will be asked to choose the category
[CATEGORY A: Mixed Media or CATEGORY B: Acoustic]
to which s/he is applying.
Notes on the application submission:
• At least one recording is required.
• Midi recordings will not be acceptable.
• All recordings should strictly be in MP3 format.
• Submitted works could be of any instrumentation.
• For Category A applicants: At least one work with electronics is required.
• Make sure the link to your folder is permanent. Applications with expired or non-functional links will be automatically rejected.
An application fee of 12€ should be payable through Paypal to firstname.lastname@example.org
In case the applicant cannot proceed to and/or complete the payment of the application fee through Paypal,
an alternative payment option would be through bank transfer to the following account:
Bank: Banco Popolare
Beneficiary: Associazione ensemble suono giallo
Name: Simone Nocchi
IBAN: IT80 U 05034 21600 000000000999
Swift Code: BAPPIT21P14
Address: Via Marconi 5, Città di Castello (PG) 06012, Italy
Chaya Czernowin | 2020 resident composer
Rand Steiger | 2020 resident composer
ensemble Suono Giallo | resident ensemble
Giacomo Piermatti | guest performer
Theocharis Papatrechas | artistic director
Selected applicants will be notified by the end of December 2019.
ONLINE APPLICATION FORM
Available Instrumentation & Electronic Gear
piccolo, concert, alto, bass
soprano, alto, tenor, baritone
Mallets: vibraphone, glockenspiel
Drums: snare drum (Ludwig 14"), 2 tom-toms, floor tom
Cymbals: dark crash (Paiste 16"), ride (Ufip 22"), splash
Smaller instruments (e.g. triangle, tambourine, claves, maracas) might be available, however their inclusion in the percussion part must be decided in advance in communication with our percussionist, Laura.
4 strings|tuning: F#-B-E-A (low to high)
(for Category A: Mixed Media participants only):
-5.1 Sound System (5 Monitors & 1 Sub)
-MacBook Pro with Pd and MaxMSP 7 & 8 installed